Furotica Ink Submission Guidelines
Thank you for your interest in Furotica Ink. We welcome new and unpublished authors to submit and aspire to find a diamond in the rough. While you do not need to have an established fan base to query, fan base will be taken into consideration. Our current focus is novels (45,000-90,000 words). As such, we're not accepting submissions for short stories or poetry, but check back in the future. Furotica Ink accepts novels written in English, French, German, and Spanish. Please allow us extra time to review submissions that aren't in English.
For submission consideration, please adhere to the following guidelines:
1) Email (firstname.lastname@example.org) with "QUERY (Title/Genre)" in the subject line. A query is essentially your pitch--make us salivate for more! For a guide on how to write (and edit) your queries, check out the Query Shark blog (http://queryshark.blogspot.ca/).
2) Include a one paragraph bio with credentials. If you're a new author, let us know!
3) Make sure to provide the following information:
a. Word Count. Your word count must be between 45,000 and 90,000 for consideration.
c. Target Audience/Rating (ie. PG, R, NC-17)
d. Kinks (if any). MANDATORY: IF YOU HAVE KINKY SEX IN YOUR STORY, YOU MUST LIST THE KINKS! Although we welcome most kinks (see below for our WILL NOT ACCEPT list), one of our editors cannot handle certain subject material. Those who submit material with certain kinks without giving proper warning will be rejected. If you aren't sure if your subject matter contains particular kinks, you might want to check out this informative link (http://blanketfort.uninhibited.net/fics/kink/kink.html). If that doesn't answer your questions, feel free to email email@example.com.
4) Include the first ten pages of your manuscript in the body of the email (based on standard: Times New Roman, size 12, double spaced). Do NOT send an attachment unless requested.
5) Allow us time to read your query. If you do not hear a response from us within six weeks, nudge us. A proper nudge might be, "I wanted to check on the status of my submission, sent on this date. Thanks." An improper nudge (and instant rejection) would be, "WHY HAVEN'T YOU REPLIED TO ME YET?!"
6) If we request material, you will receive further instructions in email. If we are interested in publishing your work, we will contact you again with our offer, and our unique author incentive.
7) We receive a ton of submissions and may not have time to send a personalized response to every single email. Please understand this if you receive a form response and don't send us hate mail. If you receive a personalized email, please note that you were very close.
8) No doesn't always mean No. If you are rejected and significantly revise your manuscript, feel free to query us again after a minimum of six months have passed. This would allow for proper time to edit one's manuscript.
We will not publish material that contains:
-Copyrighted characters. While we very much appreciate doujinshi, we don't appreciate lawsuits.
-Character(s) under 18 engaging in sexual activity. You may hint or make a reference that an underage character has been in a situation if and only if it contributes to the plot rather than serve as titillation (ie. a character joking about how they were sleeping around since they were x-age or writing about a character who has trouble trusting their current lover because they were abused as a minor).
-Plotlines that promote racism, sexism, homophobia, bigotry, and hate groups. Keyword: promote. There are some GREAT antagonists who are horrible creatures inside and out. Those characters can be interesting. We will not publish material that glorifies Nazis and will not publish material that has characters roleplaying sex dressed as the Ku Klux Klan. Anyone who writes "Nazi uniforms are sexy" will be immediately rejected.